Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Thursday

Can I add permalinks to my Blogger blog template?

Dave, I have noticed on other people's blogs that they have these nice permalinks that lead people to individual pages, one for each entry. But Blogger doesn't always seem to generate these separate weblog entry pages for me. Is there some way to fix this?

As a sometimes user of Blogger, I know what you mean about its limitations and occasional oddities! It turns out that you can tweak the so-called templates on your Blogger account to add just the feature you want, though it's a bit tricky.

To get the exact details, I'm going to turn to Sarah King, who has written up a nice tutorial of exactly what templates changes are required. First, though, you need to know how to get to your template so you can edit it.

Fortunately, it's easy. Log in to your Blogger account and...