Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Tuesday

How to build a LinkedIn Email Signature

I'm on a LinkedIn-related mailing list and everyone on the list - but me - has a cool signature block that includes their name, title, contact information and a link to their LinkedIn Profile. I don't want to come across as a n00b and ask on the list, so I though I'd ask you: How do I create one of these for myself?

First off, if it's like the LinkedIn mailing lists I'm involved with (My LinkedIn Power Forum and LinkedIn Bloggers) then I'm sure you wouldn't come across badly for asking this question, but maybe you're on some mythic LinkedIn Experts Only list? :-)

Anyway, turns out that it's fairly straightforward to find the signature generator on the LinkedIn site, albeit not particularly well documented. Start out by logging in to your LinkedIn account and clicking on the My Profile tab. You'll see...