Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Wednesday

View PDF files and ebooks on your Sony PSP

Hey Dave, I got a Sony PSP and I was wondering how do I transfer a PDF document to a PSP?

That's a great question because it hints at the many additional capabilities that the Sony PSP offers over and above a simple portable gaming system. With the 2.0 firmware upgrade just released, the unit now has a fully featured (well, mostly fully featured) Web browser, the ability to play audio files, show movies and DVDs, and, yes, let you play some terrific games too.

In terms of viewing PDFs, I haven't found any applications that will let you view the PDFs directly, but there are some very cool tools that translate PDF documents into a series of JPEG (graphic) images which you then download as if they were photos and view, page by page.

If you're on a Mac, I'd check out ...