Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Wednesday

How do I change the publication date of weblog entries?

I'm trying to figure out how to change the publication date of articles already available in my Movable Type blog and can't quite identify what I need to do so that it works properly. Can you help me out?

Ah, you are learning one of the secret benefits of having your publication and Web site managed by a content management system like Movable Type: you can change things after the fact. It's hard to do that in a print magazine, but errors can be corrected, typos can be fixed, images improved, and, of course, publication date tweaked as needed.

There are two ways to change the publication date of an article in Movable Type, but I believe that the easier one is to use what they call "Power User Mode". Here's how...