Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

What the world of RSS lacks: innovation

It's not just that RSS readers are becoming more boring, and it's not that I can't find a Web interface that lets me have multiple columns to pretend I have that "custom newspaper" that people have promised for years, there are bigger problems in the lack of innovation in the world of RSS readers, problems that are beginning to hobble the very promise of this new information dissemination technology.

The most critical example is an inability to really give control to the reader, to let me customize, really customize, my reading experience. The specific straw that broke the proverbial camel's back? The constant stream of duplicating content.

Read it for yourself: I'm Fed Up With the State of RSS Readers

There must surely be a better way...