Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Friday

The importance of your business blog "comments" strategy

After working in the computer industry for decades, I'm used to the most seemingly benign topic exploding into a passionate - and sometimes even vitriolic - debate, from which editor you use to what operating system, programming language to which HTML mark-up standard you work towards.

In the blogging world, surprisingly, the big debate isn't about what blogging tool to use, and it's not about design or layout. It's not really even about whether to include advertising or not, as far as I can tell. The two big hot-buttons are about RSS feeds, whether to have a "full feed" or a "partial feed", and about your blog comment policy.

In this article, I'm going to talk about the latter topic, and I promise I'll address RSS feeds in a different piece (and at length in my Blogging 101 workshop at Blog Business Summit).

First off, let me state categorically that ...