Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Friday

Latest edition of "Teach Yourself Unix in 24 Hours"?

I received this lovely email message from a reader this morning: "Just wanted to thank you for "Teach Yourself Unix in a Week." I read the whole thing cover to cover back in '94, when I was sleeping on a cot at work (!). It got me started in the world of Unix and has provided me employment ever since. My buddy Nick and I owe both you and Kamran Hussein a night of beers for kicking off our sys admin careers."

It's always a pleasure as a writer to get messages like this, because one of the greatest motivations for working is to help others and influence lives positively, so this is just a great thing to hear.

Even better, the latest edition of Teach Yourself Unix in 24 Hours, the fourth edition, is coming out this week from Sams/Macmillan too! [warning: The web site is not yet updated to reflect the new content. But it will be soon. I promise!]

If you'd like to know more about the new edition...