Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

Sony PSP hangs with "Please Wait..." on startup?

I just bought my son a PSP and I have read the manual, and nothing helped with this problem. Problem being that he turns it on and it says Please Wait....only it stays there? Thinking it might be the memory card I took it out and tried again... same result... can you please help me out, he has to go back to his mothers in a week... Thank you for your time.

There are days when I have to admit that using wooden tools and pencils seems like a really nice alternative to our battery-powered, high-tech world, and for you, this sounds like one of them!

My first thought is that you should check the UMS card or game you have installed. Is it good? Can you try it on another PSP unit for comparison?

You've already pulled out the memory card, that's a good idea, but I'd also...