Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

How come Mac OS X Tiger's Safari can't find my RSS feed?

Dave, I'm now running the slick new Mac OS X Tiger operating system from Apple, and amy trying to get up to speed with the RSS reader built into the new version of Safari. Very nice, but... it doesn't seem to know that my Weblogs have RSS feeds! How do I tweak my blog so Safari can see the feed and offer a one-button subscription for Tiger users?

Great question, and now that Tiger is officially out of the bag (as it were) I can start talking about some of the really cool facets of this new operating system from Apple. I've been running Tiger for about two months now.

To accomplish what you ask is pretty straightforward and I'm surprised that your weblog application isn't already doing the right thing, actually.

Here's the secret...