Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

Sync your Mac with a Motorola RAZR V3c? Sure!

I just got a fancy new cellphone from Verizon, a Motorola RAZR V3c, and was darn frustrated to find that it wouldn't work out of the box with Mac OS X, either via USB cable or bluetooth. Apparently, it's just too new for the OS to know about. Blech. Meanwhile, though, I spent hours digging through various net resources and managed to find out everything I needed to know to enable my phone to upload and download photos, ringtones, wallpapers, etc with my Mac and sync my phone book with Address Book too, all neatly via bluetooth. Darn cool.

  Motorola RAZR V3c and Apple Mac: pictures, wallpaper and ringtones

Now if i can just figure out how to have the RAZR V3c work as an Internet access device, I'll be one happy cellphone user!