Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Friday

Why I won't be buying a Lenovo X41 Tablet PC

I really wanted to like the Lenovo X41 Tablet PC, I really did. I like IBM, I like their partnership with Lenovo, and I love the ultra-lightweight form factor of this delightful 3 pound computer. Heck, I even liked Windows for Tablet PC as an operating system for on the road or in meetings. But at the end of my two month evaluation period, I've come to the conclusion that I will not be purchasing the X41 Tablet PC after all. There are a number of reasons for this, but the two that are uppermost are battery life and wake-from-standby performance. Read more:

    Won't Be Buying a Lenovo X41 Tablet PC

If you know of a better choice for an ultra lightweight Tablet PC, please, let me know. I'm sure that there's one in the market that has these frustrating performance problems solved.