Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

How do I split my Typepad blog postings into two parts?

A reader who uses the Typepad weblog tool -- which I recommend to my small business clients -- asks whether it's capable of breaking a given weblog article into two parts so that the first section can be shown on the home page and the rest of the article only shown on the continuation / permanent page. The answer is that you can definitely do that, but it's rather unintuitive how to make that change and have it work through your weblog. Fortunately, I've documented the process:

    How do I split my Typepad blog entries up?

If you don't use Typepad, you might find the solution a bit convoluted, but keep in mind the level of power built in to this remarkable tool before you run in terror. :-)