Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Tuesday

Do you need help raising venture capital for your startup?

I'm surprised how often I get requests from entrepreneurs asking me to help them raise money for their startup enterprises. No, I'm not surprised at that, actually, I'm surprised at how rarely these entrepreneurs have thought through all the facets of a successful business and how rarely they demonstrate any sense of how an investor decides whether or not to invest in a company. The latest request was from an organization based in South Africa that is building a company around a nice open source software application. But can you build a fundable company giving away open source software? Read on...

    Raise Money from Venture Capitalists VCs

As with many startups, the seeds of a great business are there, but can it all be put together?