Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Wednesday

Can I connnect my Sony PSP to my Linux system?

I want to transfer music and movies to my Sony PSP, on my computer I'm using Suse Linux 9.2. What kind of program or software can I use? The problem is that my computer can't find the Sony PSP when I plug it in the USB port.

I dug around and found a couple of interesting solutions that illustrate the bridge between Linux and Sony PSP. Most relevant to what you're asking about is the Linux PSP Manager. The developer describes this program as "a program for Linux, using the QT API, to manage and transfer from the computer to the PSP homebrew binary files, saved game backups, video and audio files."

There are screenshots at the Sourceforge site for the Linux PSP Manager, but they add more confusion than anything because they make it appear that...