Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Saturday

Sony PSP: where do I find music to download?

I have a Sony PSP which I love, but while I've read your article about how to download music, I don't know where to get it from. Can you suggest a site or two where I can get PSP-compatible music files?

Like many audio devices, the Sony PSP works with MP3 (that's MPEG, Motion Picture Experts Group, version 3, by the way) audio format files. A lot of systems can automatically scan your music CDs into MP3 files - for example, Apple's iTunes can do just that, and I have thousands of MP3's on my own system.

MP3, WAV, WMA, and OGG are the four most popular audio formats (actually, AAC is popular too, from Apple's iTunes Music Store, but I don't know of any way to turn those files into something that'll work with the PSP), and if you go to a site like...