Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Sunday

Out, Damn Spam!

My backlog of books is getting out of control again, with two titles sitting on my desk, covers staring balefully at me while I ignore then, even with their "advance reader copy' lure. Eventually, I'll get to them.

Meanwhile, another book that I've had on my desk for a while finally rose to the top and I have really enjoyed reading through my friend Danny Goodman's new book Spam Wars, from Select Books. Danny's been online about as long as I have, and if you're a Mac person, you'll know him as the author of the definitive books on AppleScript, and all 'net heads should know his JavaScript titles.

Here's a taste of what he's writing about, his description of the fascinating and scary "social engineering" that we're all susceptible to from the hacker community...