Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

How do I add Google AdSense to my RSS feed?

Hi Dave. From reading your earlier postings, I see that you too have been approved by Google for their new AdSense for Feeds program. What I don't get, however, is how to actually add their adverts in my RSS feed. I'm running Movable Type: can you help me figure this out?

While Google is the master of nifty new programs, I also find that I have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what they're doing, partially just because their programmers seem to know more about how to make my Web browser jump through hoops than anyone else on the Web!

To get started, you'll want to log in to your AdSense account, then click on the Ad Settings tab. The first section is labelled "Ad Type" and you should see this...