Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

Can I change my kid's AOL screen name password?

How do I change my child's AOL (America Online) screen name password when I'm signed onto my own screen name?

This is a good question, because there are times as a parent that you need to make adjustments and changes to your children's computer accounts, even though I'm sure your child will not be too happy about the modification. Having said that, and hoping that you have talked with your child about what you're doing and why you're doing it, here's what I can figure out...

First off, you need to log in to your "Master Screen Name" on America Online (AOL) to demonstrate to the system that you have proper permissions to make the requested change.

Once you're logged in, go to the Screen Names area by choosing Go --> Keyword and typing in "Screen Names". It looks like this...