Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Friday

Sony PSP system version 2.0 + Web browser?

Yo Dave, I want to download the new PSP 2.0 software so I can try out the kewl Web browser, but don't know where to start. Do I need a USB wire or is it a wireless download? My connection always says there is a DNS error cause my access point has a WEP key or something ilke that, and third, where do I go to download the software? Please help me ASAP!

Let's start with a warning, shall we? The 2.0 firmware has only been released into the Japanese market by Sony, so there is a chance that downloading and applying this 2.0 release will seriously mess up your Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) unit. I am not planning on doing this with my own PSP unit, for example, so that I'm tracking the American firmware releases. However, I have read lots of reports that people have this working with nary a glitch, so ...

There are a ton of new additions in this major firmware / operating system upgrade for the Sony PSP, however, so I'm certainly eager to have 2.0 available to us in the North American marketplace. Here's just a sampling of what's new...