Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Wednesday

Figure out your LinkedIn Profile shortcut URL

I've been just getting up to speed with LinkedIn as a professional networking tool and am trying to figure out whether I can use a shortened URL in my email signature that would take people to my LinkedIn Profile page. Is that possible? If so, how do I figure out the page address?

While LinkedIn is a good tool for networking, like any other utility, it has some weaknesses along with its many strengths. One of these weaknesses is that it doesn't offer you a straightforward way of figuring out what you're asking about, a simple and succinct way to send people to your own LinkedIn Profile.

Fortunately, there is a solution if you're willing to do a bit of URL detective work. Here's what you need to do...