Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Saturday

How do I get my Google PageRank on a Mac?

Dave, I've been reading and hearing about Google's mythical PageRank for quite a while, but what bugs me is that I haven't figured out how to ascertain my PageRank on a Mac. I know that Google has their Google Toolbar for Windows, but I don't want to have Windows just for that purpose! Sheesh. What's a guy to do?

Great news, actually. In the last few weeks a couple of different - really quite different - options have arisen. The most exciting perhaps is the new Google Toolbar for Firefox, which works on both Mac and Windows versions of Firefox.

As soon as I saw it, I promptly downloaded it while running Firefox, then clicked "yes" to the installation question. I restarted and was rather surprised to...