Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Tuesday

Blogging as Blackmail?

My colleague Neville Hobson has an interesting article today entitled Blogger waging war on Land Rover, about an English chap named Adrian Melrose who apparently bought a defective Land Rover Discovery and has been attacking the company ever since.

Indeed, on his own weblog, Adrian, who had been posting anonymously, has articles like Why am I terrorising Land Rover? and Land Rover isn't Listening. By his own admission, his so-called campaign against Land Rover (in which he states that he wants the company to "admit publically that my car was a first build F*** Up - I want them to replace it with a new one") is an attempt to terrorize the company.

For his own part, Neville says "The only thing I'm a bit hesitant about is that nowhere on the blog that I can see does the blogger identify who he (or she) is. That somewhat lessens the credibility of this campaign."

Neville, you're missing the forest for the tree here, I think...