Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Tuesday

Avoiding information overload with business book summaries

I always have a dozen more information sources than I can actually process and critically analyze, so it's maddening that there are so many new books coming out each year that seem to be well worth reading, if I only had the time. My queue of books sent from publishers for review continues to grow, but I just don't have the bandwidth to read a 250-400 page book. But I'm missing out by not being able to get at least the gist of popular business titles, so I've signed up for an executive book summary program that lets me download the summaries right onto my iPod.

Here's my explanation of the program:

    Executive Book Summaries as a Survival Technique

Hopefully it'll prove a good way to stay more current, but I'm most interested in hearing from other people who use a similar program, specifically their likes and dislikes. So far, I really like it.