Ask Dave Taylor: Tech and Business

Monday

How come Gmail no longer works on my computer?

While I'm an unabashed fan of Google's great Gmail web-based email product (and it's free! That's hard to beat) it's not perfect, so when I received an email from a reader asking about why he might be seeing what I call the White Screen of Death, a stalled page load and a blank screen, I spent some time thinking about the many different problems that could cause Gmail to fail. It turns out that if you are using an old browser or an old operating system, you might well have some issues to address, but I believe that the real problem she has is with remnants of a virus infection, actually:

    Gmail fails to load, showing a blank white screen?

Oh, and if you're still looking for an invite to get your own Gmail account, please go and read my article on Free Gmail Accounts too.